Dan McCarthy has written an excellent blog on the 6 passages of leadership and management. You can find the blog here. What makes this blog particularly good are not the passages per se but how he differentiates what a manager does from what a leader does at each stage of passage in rising up within an organization. It shows how even someone who does not manage people can be a leader by setting a personal vision and being motivated to follow that vision.
- Valuation Metrics
- Using Metrics to Develop Strategy
- If success starts with failure does it also always lead to failure?
- What does Failure look Like?
- Success – How will you know when you’re there?
- What does success look like?
- Damn Fitbit Metrics
- Does anyone care what you have to say?
- Is no one out there doing strategy execution?
- Accessibility – Final Word