Dan McCarthy has written an excellent blog on the 6 passages of leadership and management. You can find the blog here. What makes this blog particularly good are not the passages per se but how he differentiates what a manager does from what a leader does at each stage of passage in rising up within an organization. It shows how even someone who does not manage people can be a leader by setting a personal vision and being motivated to follow that vision.
- Getting Good at Getting Better
- We’ve misunderstood the US dominance of the world of innovation
- Scientists discover mutant gene that causes entrepreneurship
- Toronto House Prices: The Metric That Matters
- Where’s Stupid? Bad Metrics Risk Bad Policy
- Toronto Housing Affordability
- The So-Called Housing Bubble is Just Bad Metrics
- The Curse of Millennial Job Churn
- Your Job is to Make Your Boss Happy
- Do we need a Masters of Disruption?