Dan McCarthy has written an excellent blog on the 6 passages of leadership and management. You can find the blog here. What makes this blog particularly good are not the passages per se but how he differentiates what a manager does from what a leader does at each stage of passage in rising up within an organization. It shows how even someone who does not manage people can be a leader by setting a personal vision and being motivated to follow that vision.
- Is Disorganization the New Normal?
- Leadership Fears all Relate to Vulnerability
- 5 ways to improve your Ad Hominem arguments
- Confirmation Bias
- Avoiding Biases with Statistics
- So Much Busy Work
- Are your co-workers helping or hindering?
- Fake It Till You Make It – Redux
- Change and Ambiguity
- Performance hurdles and ceilings