Dan McCarthy has written an excellent blog on the 6 passages of leadership and management. You can find the blog here. What makes this blog particularly good are not the passages per se but how he differentiates what a manager does from what a leader does at each stage of passage in rising up within an organization. It shows how even someone who does not manage people can be a leader by setting a personal vision and being motivated to follow that vision.
- So Much Busy Work
- Are your co-workers helping or hindering?
- Fake It Till You Make It – Redux
- Change and Ambiguity
- Performance hurdles and ceilings
- A New Definition of Success
- 13 Steps to Better Strategy Execution
- The Organized Mind
- Entrepreneurship Research Roundup
- Newsflash – 80% are Above Average at Driving (and Execution)