Imagine as you leave work tonight that you’re living in the seventies. You clean off your desk, tidy your office and turn off the lights. That’s it. When you get back to work on Monday morning, your work would be exactly as you left it.
- There would be no mail waiting as mail wasn’t delivered on Saturdays at work.
- No one would have sent you any faxes because they weren’t in use yet.
- No one could have left you a phone message as there was no voice mail and no one would have answered the phone after hours.
- There wouldn’t be any interoffice memos as no one else would have been in the office either.
- No one could have emailed you as you didn’t even have a computer.
- There would have been nothing to check on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest etc.
Work would have been exactly as you left it. No change whatsoever.
Wouldn’t that be incredibly freeing to feel that now?